Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Claims in North Carolina
Compared to passenger vehicle crashes, motorcycle accidents can be especially traumatic and deadly, particularly for the person riding the bike. Bikers have relatively little protection compared to people who ride in passenger vehicles, so when a collision between a car and a bike occurs, it is often the motorcyclist who ends up with the worst injuries. If the crash wasn’t their fault, the biker is entitled to receive compensation for their medical bills and other accident-related expenses—compensation that the liable motorist and their auto insurance company will likely be likely hesitant to pay in full.
At Bondurant Litigation, our Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer has almost two decades of experience successfully obtaining settlements for bikers and other motorcycle crash victims. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motorcycle crash, we will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed—every penny of it.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle accidents happen every day in North Carolina. In 2018, motorcycle accident deaths increased by 20.9% statewide from the previous year, totaling 3434 injuries and 169 fatalities.
The leading causes of motorcycle accidents in the United States are:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Vehicles making left-hand turns
- Lane splitting (the act of a biker maneuvering between other vehicles in traffic)
- Road hazards
- Drivers changing lanes without looking or signaling
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by the biker, a motorist, or something else, like bad weather. If the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to sue the responsible party.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Bikers who become victims of motorcycle crashes are susceptible to very serious and life-threatening injuries. While motorcycle gear like helmets and specialized apparel help mitigate the effects of a collision, a motorcycle’s lack of restraints, a chassis, and other protective parts leave bikers exposed and therefore more prone to harm.
Depending on the speed, impact, and other crash factors, the effects of a biker’s injuries can range dramatically from mild to severe. While many bikers walk away from collisions relatively unscathed, it is not uncommon for them to suffer debilitating catastrophic injuries.
Motorcycle accident injuries that bikers commonly suffer include:
- Road rash (friction burns)
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Wrongful death
Don’t fall for the insurance company’s tricks and get stuck with a low settlement. Call Bondurant Litigation now at (704) 665-0288 to learn how our experienced legal team can secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have recently been in a motorcycle accident:
- Seek medical attention if you haven’t already. Many motorcyclists suffer internal injuries that only a doctor can detect. Medical records will also help support any insurance and motorcycle accident claims.
- Save any receipts, bills, correspondence, and any other documentation related to the crash in one place. Documentation related to the crash can help support your case in many ways, including helping to prove liability. This information will also help to determine how much compensation you are owed.
- Write down how you remember the crash happening. The sooner you can do this, the fresher and more detailed your memory will be. If your case takes many months to be completed, this can be a helpful document to refer back to.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney near you. Consulting with an attorney can help you to get a better idea of what your options are and whether you need to take legal action to be adequately compensated. If you do choose to file a claim, your lawyer can represent you throughout the claims process and will fight for your right to just compensation.
We understand that you are probably going through a lot right now. Suffering an injury can be immensely painful, distressing, and stressful. It might seem like too much trouble to look into taking legal action, but if you have suffered a severe injury and/or have incurred costly medical bills, we strongly suggest looking into it. Having a lawyer represent you can serve as a major stress reliever, as your attorney will take care of all the legal paperwork and negotiations on your behalf. Having an attorney vouch for you also makes it more likely that you receive full compensation for all your accident-related costs.
To learn more, call (704) 665-0288 now.
“Mr. Bondurant has integrity, knows the law, and the limits of our legal system. And, he knows people. He talked clearly with us about our options and guided us through infuriating negotiations to the best outcome available.”- Jeanie F.
“Our experience with Joel was excellent. The process we went through was new to us but Joel did an amazing job of outlining, detailing, and walking us through the process. He offered great legal advice which was spot on.”- Jason L.
“I was referred to Joel by another attorney due to Joel's expertise in litigation. Joel was very responsive to my initial inquiry as well as our subsequent correspondence.”- Ed N.